Monday 13 September 2010

Sending My Haiku

Sending My Haiku

I used two different methods to send my haiku. I used Email and text (SMS).

Email
I used google translate to convert my haiku into Japanese. I had to then copy the symbols across from the http://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en&tab=wT#ja|en|. I then sent the email asking the receiver to reply with the translation they also got from google translate. They had to copy across the writing i had sent them and translate it back coping and pasting it back into my email, that i had sent, and send it back to me. I received this email but discovered that the translation had not been fully correct, so that was not very helpful. It was an easy way to send across the difficult symbols and make a for a quicker translation then typing it all out but not the full translation was correct, which caused a bit of a problem.


Sending Of my Haiku


The Translation of my sent Haiku


Text (SMS)
I also sent a version of my haiku via text:
 
Suisen yureru
Subete no kohan shūhen
Doko kiiro
 
I had to use a tool on google translate to convert the symbols into the phonetic language, i then had to write out the phonetic into a new message, which took a long time. When the receiver got the message they then had to re-type all the phonetic onto the google translation site and try to convert it back to English, this caused a major problem. The problem was that once they had typed out the words the translator then did not recognise any of it, meaning that non of the haiku could be translated so therefore could not be sent back. It was a longer progress and there was no translation at the end so for the fast reply to a haiku you should send it via email.





No comments:

Post a Comment